Recipe by Dr. Jenny
DH and I really enjoyed this halibut recipe from the July 2008 Bon Appetit. It had lots of flavor and it was easy for a weeknight meal. We served it with grilled asparagus.
Top Review by ellie_
Wonderful fish and so easy! I used salmon instead of the halibut but otherwise followed as directed. We had this with potatoes and salad for a very easy supper! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 red jalapeno chile
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) halibut fillets (or mahi-mahi)
- 2 large red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise, seeded
- olive oil, for brushing (plus 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, divided
- 1 lemon, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare BBQ (medium-high heat).
- Thread jalapeno and garlic clove onto metal skewer.
- Brush jalapeno, garlic, fish, and red bell peppers with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle fish with 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp coriander.
- Grill fish, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic until vegetables are tender and charred and fish is just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side for fish and 8 minutes per side for vegetables.
- Grill lemon, cut side down, until charred, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Peel charred parts of skin from bell peppers and cut stem from jalapeno, and transfer to blender, discarding peel and stem.
- Add garlic clove, remaining 1/4 cup oil, 1 1/2 tsp cumin, and 1 1/2 tsp coriander to blender. Process until coarse puree forms. Season sauce generously with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 fish fillet on each of 4 plates. Squeeze grilled lemon over. Spoon sauce over fish and serve.