Recipe by dicentra
365: No Repeats. Rachael Ray. She says that the oranges, red onions and oregano are a Sicilian combination. Serve with crusty, toasted bread.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces halibut fillets
- 1 orange
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Drizzle olive oil over the fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 4 minutes on each side, or until the fish is firm and cooked through, but not tough.
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat.
- While the fish cooks, grate the zest of the orange and reserve.
- Peel the orange as you would a melon, removing all of the white parts.
- Cut the orange into thin slices across.
- To the skillet, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the fennel and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the vinegar to the pan and give it a shake. Remove from the heat and toss in the oranges and zest, parsley and oregano.
- Adjust the seasonings and serve the salad topped with the fish.