Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bon Appetit June 2009. Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Halibut-with-Coriander-Pepita-Butter-353330#ixzz1gv7Xv0sw
- 1⁄4 cup salted shelled pumpkin seeds, toasted (pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno chiles
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 medium red onions, each cut through root end into 6 wedges
- 6 halibut fillets, 6 ounce each (about 1 inch thick)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place pumpkin seeds and coriander seeds in resealable plastic bag; seal bag, then coarsely crush seeds with rolling pin. Transfer to small saucepan and mix in butter, 1/4 cup cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño chiles, and honey.
- Place saucepan with butter mixture at edge of grill to melt, then season with salt and pepper. Place red onions and fish fillets on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle 4 tablespoons coriander butter over; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and salt and pepper. Grill onions until tender, about 7 minutes per side, and fish until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer onions and fish to plates. Spoon remaining coriander butter over.