Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple and tasty
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs alaska halibut fillets or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs halibut steaks
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Thoroughly blend all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the baste for garnish.
- Preheat grill to medium high. When grill is ready, baste halibut thoroughly before and during cooking. Grill approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Garnish with remaining Cilantro Cream.
So easy to make and so delicious! My guests loved it (so did I)! Made it just as written. Thanks.
Great recipe- fast, easy and good! I used low fat mayo and the combination of lime and cumin on Halibut has just the right amount of zing straight from the grill.
This was a really tasty recipe and extremely easy to make. It reminded me of an easy aioli recipe I like from Trader Joe's, which works well on most fish; however, that one does not include cilantro, which I really enjoyed in this recipe. We served with a side of roasted asparagus. Thanks for posting!