Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple Asian-style fish dish.
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup chinese-style plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 (1/2 lb) halibut fillets, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions, for garnish
- The sauce: in a bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients together; mix until completely blended and smooth; taste for seasoning.
- Place halibut in a zip-lock plastic bag and pour ¼ cup of the sauce over it; turn the fish in the bag to coat evenly; seal bag and marinate fish for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare grill for med-high heat grilling or a grill pan over high heat.
- Spray grill pan with cooking spray; remove fillets from the marinade and place on the grill or in grill pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and opaque.
- Place the fillets on serving plates and spoon over some of the remaining sauce; garnish with the scallions and serve immediately.