Light and very tasty!! The vinegar mixture has a bit of a tang from the vinegar and it could be toned down a bit if you wish. A great summer time meal but if you grill year round like we do it wouldn't really matter. If you aren't a jalapeno person be willing to try it - this isn't a "hot" dish. This recipe is something I got from my FIL a few years back and I just re-discovered it. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (ground cumin works fine too)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 -6 teaspoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage or 6 cups pre-made coleslaw mix, with red & green cabbage & carrots
- 1/2 cup finely slivered red onion
- 4 pieces halibut
- 1In a small bowl, mix vinegar, oil, cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt& jalapenos to taste.
- 2Rinse fish& pat dry.
- 3In a heavy bag combine fish and 1/3 cup vinegar mixture.
- 4Let stand, turning occasionally for 15 minutes.
- 5Cut cabbage into thin shreds- approximately.
- 66 cups.
- 7Mix cabbage with 1/2cup of vinegar mixture.
- 8Add salt to taste.
- 9Put in refrigerator until fish is done.
- 10Place fish on a greased piece of foil on top of hot grill.
- 11Close lid and cook fish, turning once until barely opague but still moist looking in center of thickest part- you don't want over cooked fish!
- 136-8 minutes depending on the piece size.
- 14Mound slaw on plates.
- 15Top each with a piece of fish.
- 16Drizzle each with a bit of remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Halibut on Cilantro Jalapeno Chile Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 468.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: