Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found in Penzeys Spices Harvest 2006 catalogue. Cod can be used in place of Halibut.
- 8 cups greens
- 2 green onions, circle cut
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb halibut, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salad: Wash, dry, break into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Whisk or shake to combine. Set aside until fish is done, then shake again before tossing into the greens.
- Start with about half the dressings; you can add more as desired. It is important that this is ready when you start cooking the fish, as the fish only cooks briefly and the salad tastes the most delicious when the halibut is hot.
- Season the Halibut with lemon-pepper and then dip into the olive oil.
- Using an indoor electric grill on medium, cook the fish 4-6 minutes per side. Cook, covered over medium heat coals about 4 minutes per side, then cut into pieces.
- Toss the dressing with the greens, add the fish pieces, toss again and serve.