Recipe by Abby Girl
I have adapted this recipe that I got from the Cooking Light archives. The salsa is so adictive I had trouble keeping my paws out of it! It does make up alot, but that is O.K. as it is wonderful for a late night snack!!!
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 3 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mangoes, peeled and diced (1 large)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced (or sweet onion)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Mango Salsa: Combine all the ingredients for the salsa and set aside (can be made up ahead of time).
- Rub halibut with oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place fish on grill rack; grill 4 - 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with mango salsa.