Recipe by LynnL
Every time this is made I think some how I have more people in the house then when I started. It is very easy to make and I know all will enjoy it
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
The cooking directions were spot on but I think the fish needed more taste enhancement besides the lemon, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper as it was very bland. Perhaps garlic would help.
- 6 halibut steaks (180gr each or 6 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped roughly (15ml)
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare barbecue for direct grilling. Preheat grill to high heat. Oil grill well. Season halibut fillets on both sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with oil.
- Place fillets down on the grill and allow to cook for 5 minutes per side or until nice golden char marks are achieved. Don’t touch the fish until after char marks are achieved as it will stick to the grill. Flip fish and continue to cook a further 4 minutes. Remove from grill and drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
- Remove and serve with tamales and orange chili sauce.