Recipe by MissKitty62656
Creamy cucumber sauce tops off these grilled burgers inside a pita pocket shell. We cut the pita pockets and hamburgers in half so we have room for more of the trimmings. Yum!
- 2 (8 ounce) containers plain nonfat yogurt (divided)
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (dry and light)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (lean)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (diced)
- 6 pita bread rounds
- 2 cups lettuce leaves (torn)
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 container of plain yogurt with the envelope of ranch dressing mix. Remove half of the mixture to another bowl.
- Into one of the bowls, add the remaining container of plain yogurt and diced cucumber; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill and lightly oil grate.
- Mix the ground beef and 1/4 cup onion into the remaining half of the yogurt mixture. Shape into 6 hamburger patties.
- Grill patties on medium heat for 7 minutes each side, turning once.
- Cut off 1/4 end of the pita pockets and fill with torn lettuce, grilled burger, creamy cucumber sauce and diced tomatoes.