Recipe by Montana Heart Song
There is no flour in this recipe and you can use any ground meat including ham. This is quick and easy. White cream sauce or soup mixed with 3/4 can of milk as a gravy can be served and rice & potatoes. This is a kid pleaser with ketchup, no gravy.
Top Review by BlessedByGrace
Having celiac, I appreciated that this recipe had no flour. It reminded my family of salmon patties. I will make this recipe with tuna next and then with salmon. I think this would be great for a brunch. I also will be trying it with a tomato slice and piece of cheese on top.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground ham
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 dashes white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs yolks well.
- Add all of the ingredients listed except oil and mix.
- In separate bowl, whip eggs whites until stiff. Use a mixer to do this.
- Fold egg whites into meat mixture.
- Heat grill or griddle, add 1 tblsp oil.
- Drop meat mixture by tblsp onto the hot girddle or grill. Turn over when puffed and brown. Brown other side. Add oil to grill when needed. Keep warm until all meat is cooked. Serve with gravy of your choice. Kids love ketchup and no gravy. Your choice.