Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is wonderful when garden tomatoes are at their peak. Use it as an accompaniment for fish or chicken. Adapted from recipe found in Canadian Living's Best Barbecue
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- Whisk together all ingredients except tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, on greased grill over medium heat.
- Top evenly with herb mixture.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until softended and tender throughout.
Tasty. I had to make this in a healthy non stick pan with a bit of organic light tasting extra virgin olive oil. I used organic garlic cloves, freshly grated organic lemon rind, sea salt, to taste, freshly ground black pepper, to taste, organic tomatoes, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for Veggie Swap #56 ~ March 2013 ~
This was a wonderful, easy dish. The gremolada added a nice flavor and really brightened up the tomatoes. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7
For the first time I used gremolade on baked tomatoes. Done with fresh ingredients and small-medium tomatoes
Thanks for this recipe.