Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is another Moroccan salad dish from “The World of Spice”. Serve this with other salads I’ve posted (such as Lemon Salad, Orange and Olive Salad and Spicy Carrot Salad) for an authentic set of appetisers. Recipe posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
- 4 green peppers
- 8 large ripe tomatoes
- 4 spring onions, chopped (scallions)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon juice, the equivalent of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch ground cumin, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- black olives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, gas mark 6; when the temperature has been reached, roast the peppers and tomatoes for 30 minutes until tender.
- Skin the tomatoes and remove the seeds; remove the skins from the peppers (to loosen the skins, put the peppers in a plastic bag and seal it; after 5 minutes you can remove the skins easily with a knife); cut tomatoes and peppers into small cubes.
- Mix the peppers, tomatoes and spring onions with the olive oil, lemon juice and cumin; season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and garnish with olives.