Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Last summer during a BBQ, my friend put this together and threw it on our grill. Everyone loved it. I'm not an onion fan, and even I like this one. The onions get sweet from the butter, and it's so easy. Can be eaten alone or great as a garnish over burgers or potatoes. The cook time is approximate, as it can be kept warm on the grill until all the food is ready.
- Wash the onions thoroughly.
- Place whole onions on a sheet of foil.
- Place the butter over the onions.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil over the onions and seal the edges so the butter steams the onions.
- Place on a hot grill until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Be careful when opening, the steam will be hot.
These were so easy and delicious. I used much less butter, just dotted the onions with light butter/canola spread. They were fine and didn't stick to the foil. They were a nice addition to grilled veggie fajitas.
Great recipe! This was a great way to use up some fresh green onions that we had from the garden. We served these alongside steak and they went well together. Thanks for the great idea! I will make again.
Really, really good. We enjoyed the onions with our grilled steak. A nice side dish....thanks for sharing!