Prep 4 hrs
Cook 16 mins
Found this online...sounds great! The prep time includes marinating time.
- 4 bonelesss rib eye steaks or 4 filet mignon steaks or 4 sirloin steaks, cut 1 to 2 inches thick
- 4 New Mexico green chilies, roasted, peeled, stemmed, and seeded
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons red peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons caribbean habanero sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Slice the steaks horizontally to create a pocket, but do not cut all the way through the steak. Place a green chile into each of the pockets. Wrap a strip of bacon around each steak in the same direction as the pocket and secure with a toothpick.
- Wrap the peppercorns in a kitchen towel and with a meat pounder or rolling pin gently pound the peppercorns until coarsely crushed. Press the crushed peppercorns into the sides of each steak. Place the steaks into a non-metallic pan.
- To make the marinade: combine the habanero sauce, Worcestershire, soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic powder in a bowl. Pour the marinade over the meat, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill and bring the steaks up to room temperature before placing on the grill. Grill the steaks over medium heat for about 12 to 16 minutes for medium-rare or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F.
- Place the steaks on individual plates and serve.