Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this online...sounds great! The prep time includes marinating time.
Make and share this Grilled Green Chile Stuffed Pepper Steaks Wrapped in Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 bonelesss rib eye steaks or 4 filet mignon steaks or 4 sirloin steaks, cut 1 to 2 inches thick
- 4 New Mexico green chilies, roasted, peeled, stemmed, and seeded
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons red peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons caribbean habanero sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Slice the steaks horizontally to create a pocket, but do not cut all the way through the steak. Place a green chile into each of the pockets. Wrap a strip of bacon around each steak in the same direction as the pocket and secure with a toothpick.
- Wrap the peppercorns in a kitchen towel and with a meat pounder or rolling pin gently pound the peppercorns until coarsely crushed. Press the crushed peppercorns into the sides of each steak. Place the steaks into a non-metallic pan.
- To make the marinade: combine the habanero sauce, Worcestershire, soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic powder in a bowl. Pour the marinade over the meat, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill and bring the steaks up to room temperature before placing on the grill. Grill the steaks over medium heat for about 12 to 16 minutes for medium-rare or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F.
- Place the steaks on individual plates and serve.