From Ted Allen's In My Kitchen. His notes are: A quick toss in a vinaigrette spiked with spicy North African chile paste, aka harissa, really livens things up; in a pinch, you could use the same amount of Sriracha, or just Tabasco with a chopped garlic clove. Or, if you prefer, skip the heat—these are still really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a grill or large grill pan to high.
- 2Prepare a large bowl of ice water; set aside. Fill a large saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Season the water generously with salt. Add the beans and blanch until just crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 3Drain, and plunge the beans into the ice water for 2 minutes to stop the cooking. Drain the beans and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- 4Put the beans in a large bowl and toss with the vegetable oil. Using tongs, arrange in a single layer on the grill and cook until lightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, harissa, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- 6Add the warm beans, toss, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Green Beans With Harissa
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g