1/1 Photo of Grilled Green Bean Salad With Red Onions and Tomatoes
This is a great side dish, especially with grilled entrees. It can be made ahead and thrown together before serving. Time does not include marinating time. From Bon Appetit RSVP section, Tuscany Grill, Portland, OR.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place garlic cloves in small baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons oil over. Cover and bake garlic until tender, about 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until garlic is golden brown, about 10 minutes longer. Cool.
- 2Peel garlic. Transfer garlic and oil to processor. Process until smooth paste forms. Add vinegar; process until well blended. Transfer to medium bowl. Gradually add 1/4 cup oil, whisking until dressing is thick and smooth. Stir in basil. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- 3Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain; transfer beans to large bowl of ice water. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. Toss beans in a large bowl with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. (Dressing and beans can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate).
- 4Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Grill or broil beans until beginning to brown, turning frequently, about 2 minutes. Transfer to large bowl. Add onions and tomatoes. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve salad at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Green Bean Salad With Red Onions and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g