Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These pita sandwiches are super quick to put together and are good for you too! Time does not include marinading which I normally start in the morning then its ready when I want to grill.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped & seeded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped onion
- 2 pita breads, split
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine lemon juice and seasonings.
- Add chicken; cover marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Drain; discard marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumbers and onions; refrigerate.
- Grill chicken on grill or forman type grill 5 minutes per side or until tender.
- For each serving, fill pitas with chicken steaks and yogurt mixture.
I've got to admit, at first I thought this might be too simple of a recipe and maybe too plain tasting. But, after eating it I have a completely different opinion! So easy, yet so tasty! I even used leftover "dressing" on my turkey sandwich the next day. Yum! Thanks for a simply great recipe!
We really enjoyed these pitas. The flavor was wonderful. Thank you for posting.
Simple and delicious!