Cook1 hr 24 mins
A tasty alternative for yakitori (chicken on a stick)...
Make and share this Grilled Greek-Style Chicken Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts (cut into 3/4 - 1 inch cubes)
- 8 -10 shiitake mushrooms (stems removed and sliced in half)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper (diced into bit-size pieces)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced into bit-size pieces)
- 1⁄4 medium red onion (quartered and separated into individual pieces)
- Combine lemon juice, basil, mint, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, and pepper in a resealable plastic bag (zip-type works best).
- Add chicken and place in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Prior to cooking, alternate chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion on skewers – (Note: it is best not to end with bell peppers as they tended to slide off after being cooked).
- Cook on medium-high heat grill for approximately 7 – 10 minutes each side.
Wow! Mmm... Super Yummy! I made these for my boys and they devoured them. I followed the recipe exactly except for the mushrooms- left those out. I served them with tzatziki sauce, new potatoes and a salad. There was definately no leftovers! I make lots of recipies from this site but rarely rank them. I wanted everyone to know how delicious this was. Quick, easy and so flavourful- it's a keeper! Thanks!