Recipe by Nif
A great side dish, especially if you are grilling a meat dish at the same time. If you can't find new potatoes, you can quarter four larger potatoes. Use metal skewers or soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- 16 new potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 sweet pepper, yellow or orange prefered for looks (you can use green or red if you want!)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until just tender, about 8 minutes. You no NOT want mushy potatoes! Drain.
- Meanwhile in large bowl, mix olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Add boiled potatoes, tomatoes and sweet peppers and gently toss to coat.
- Alternating vegetables, thread each of 4 skewers with 4 potatoes, 2 tomato wedges and 4 pepper chunks. Do not discard remaining oil.
- Cook on greased grill for 4 to 6 minutes or until potato skins are crisp, turning often and brushing them with remaining oil mixture.