Prep 2 hrs 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
I adapted an old recipe for whole grilled chickens into a wing version for tailgating parties. You can marinade the chicken pieces ahead of time and transport to cooking site.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, prepared frozen pieces, thawed, rinsed and dried
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1⁄4 cup oregano, fresh, leaves only
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- Place thawed chicken wings into gallon size zip top bag.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Pour over chicken pieces and seal bag. Refrigerate chicken pieces for at least two hours, turning over at least once during this time.
- Preheat gas grill on high for five minutes.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade and place onto baking sheet lined with paper towels. Discard excess marinade.
- Turn inside burners to medium low while leaving outside burners on high. Place chicken pieces on middle of grill skin side up. Cover and cook for 7 minutes. Turn pieces over and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until meat thermometer indicates 170 degrees F.
- Serve while hot and juicy! Enjoy!