Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Main dish salad that feta cheese and kalamata olives give a Greek flair to. Found on Diabetic Living website. Submitting for ZWT9. Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium cucumbers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- mixed salad green (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup bottled reduced-calorie cucumber salad dressing (creamy)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese or 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olives or 1⁄4 cup ripe olives
- 1. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic, and pepper. Pour over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion.
- 3. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
- 4. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cut into bite-size pieces. Toss with cucumber mixture. If desired, serve on salad greens. Drizzle salad dressing over. Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives.
Great and healthy salad! My husband and daughter thought the chicken was very flavorful. I enjoyed the toppings on the salad. Thanks! Made for ZWT9 and the Soup-A-Stars
Reviewed for ZWT9 Family Picks - a lovely grilled chicken salad that we all enjoyed
Made half a recipe for the two of us and turned out very good.