Recipe by LAURIE
Quick to fix salad with chicken with a couple of Greek accents. Prep time does not include marinating time. I like to put the chicken in the marinade and then pop them in the freezer. A quick thaw in the microwave, drain and then throw them on the countertop grill and you are good to go!
Top Review by MelinOhio
My son could eat at the greek restaurant everyday, I have made several greek salads but he is very picky, well he loved this one and so did I, I followed your recipe exactly, minus the croutons and we will make this again. Thanks Laurie for a great recipe.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup ripe sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine salad dressing, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and oregano; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 the mixture.
- Pour remaining mixture into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal bag.
- Shake to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to overnight.
- Drain marinade.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium coals 5 to 6 minutes per side or until tender.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Combine with reserved dressing and remaining ingredients; serve immediately.