Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Ohhhh, so good, especially serves with Greek Lemon Potatoes from Zaar chefs. YUMMY! from Everyday FOODS magazine. Note: This is VERY LEMONY, adjust lemon ingredients to your preference.
Top Review by raiders757
Great change of pace recipe for grilled chicken. My daughter loves it! <br/><br/>Chef Colt, I pounded my chicken out evenly before marinading and grilled it in my barrel smoker over lowered direct heat. It only took around thirty minutes, if that.
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped oregano (Greek, if available) or 1 tablespoon mediterranean dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 4 (1 1/2 lb) chicken halves
- 4 lemons, halved crosswise
- oregano sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Make marinade in small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, oregano, oil, 2 teas. Kosher salt and 1 teas. fresh black pepper.
- Divide marinade between 2 large re-sealable plastic bags.
- Lightly pierce chicken with meat fork to deeply accept marinade.
- Place 2 chicken halves in each bag; shake to coat. let marinate at room temp 30 minutes, turning bags occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium and lightly oil grates.
- Remove chicken from bags and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken on grill and cook until lightly browned and cooked throughly, about 20 minutes.
- Instant read thermometer should read 175*F when inserted in the thickest part of the chicken.
- (If browning too quick, move to part of grill with less heat or turn down grill.).
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Tent with foil; let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place lemon halves on grill; cook to slightly char, 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish chicken with oregano sprigs and service with grilled lemons.