Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from Backyard Entertaining. The original recipe called for Miracle Whip, but I used mayonnaise. I also used bone in chicken breasts. Preparation time does not include time to marinate.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced and halved (I just used the juice)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- Mix all ingredients except chicken.
- Pour marinade over chicken. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 20 minutes.
- Drain marinade and discard.
- Place chicken on grill over medium hot coals or on medium hot gas grill.
- Grill, covered, until juices run clear (about 20 to 25 minutes on each side, although this could be longer or shorter depending on your grill).