Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a great alternative to the heavy green bean casserole. I saw this with peaches in Bon Appetit Magazine. However, use whatever fruit you want. Similar to peaches would be nectarines and mangos......stretch and try another.
- 2 pieces fruit, 1/2-inch wedges (peach, nectarine, mango, or try what you like)
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds (preferably toasted)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- Cook in on a grill in a grill pan OR in a wok OR in a skillet all over high heat.
- Toss frequently until the beans are crisp-tender and fruit is just charred. This will take 8-10 minutes.
- Toss with tasted slivered almond and sherry vinegar.