Recipe by Dave
I tried this recipe -- it turned out very well! A comment though, I don't think using THREE grapefruits is completely necessary (I got by with one large grapefruit), but try the recipe for yourself. This is courtesy of MSNBC and chef Rick Moonen of midtown Manhattan's Oceana restaurant.
Top Review by susie cooks
I thought this has too much vermouth. I like the combo of cilantro and grapefruit. I chopped the peppers without saving the seeds. I will try this again and use less vermouth or substitute white wine
- 12 jumbo shrimp, cleaned and split lengthwise
- 3 whole grapefruits
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped with seeds
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup extra-dry vermouth
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Submerge the zests of the grapefruit in olive oil and heat up to 160 degrees for five minutes.
- Put oil and remaining ingredients in a shallow glass dish and submerge shrimp in it. Cover with plastic and refrigerate. Marinate shrimp for at least 3 hours so flavors can penetrate. Remove shrimp from marinade and place on a paper towel before grilling.
- Grill for 1 1/2 minutes on each side over hot coals.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.