Recipe by little_wing
Fantastic side dish for when you've fired up the grill.
Top Review by Cook4_6
These are fabulous and really not that difficult to make! I used store-bought bread crumbs; so only used about 1/2 of what the recipe called for. The only thing I did differently was to make 1/2 the batch with bleu cheese and 1/2 with goat cheese (DH does not like "moldy cheese" :0 ) Very nice accompaniment to grilled steak! (Made for I Recommend Tag)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 16 baby portabella mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat grill.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add mushroom stems and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, parsley, hot pepper sauce and cheese.
- Mix until well combined (if mixture looks too dry, add more olive oil.).
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture and brush the entire mushroom with more olive oil. Grill over medium heat until tender.