Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fantastic side dish for when you've fired up the grill.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 16 baby portabella mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- preheat grill.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add mushroom stems and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, parsley, hot pepper sauce and cheese.
- Mix until well combined (if mixture looks too dry, add more olive oil.).
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture and brush the entire mushroom with more olive oil. Grill over medium heat until tender.
These are fabulous and really not that difficult to make! I used store-bought bread crumbs; so only used about 1/2 of what the recipe called for. The only thing I did differently was to make 1/2 the batch with bleu cheese and 1/2 with goat cheese (DH does not like "moldy cheese" :0 ) Very nice accompaniment to grilled steak! (Made for I Recommend Tag)
Yummy! Gorgonzola and mushrooms is a great combination. I loved everything about these. Made for Family Picks ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.