Prep 14 mins
Cook 6 mins
How very different! An appetizer sandwich that uses canned Boston brown bread; you know the one - standing next to the baked beans! From BH&G Appetizers.
- 1 (4 ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 (16 ounce) canboston brown bread, cut into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1⁄4 cup small basil leaves
- nonstick cooking spray
- Combine first three ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread 4 of the bread slices with half the cheese mixture, spreading to the edges. Top with half the fig jam and half the basil. Top with bread slices, rest of the goat cheese, fig jam, basil, and the last four slices of bread. You should see five distinct layers. Coat the outsides of the sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, heat to medium. Add sandwiches and cook until lightly toasted, about 6 minutes, turning once during cooking. Cut each sandwich in half, making 8 appetizer-size sandwiches.