- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped peeled ginger
- 4 tuna steaks (6 oz each)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- stir together cornstarch and 1 1/2 tbsp water until smooth, set aside.
- add pineapple and 2 tbsp water to blender and puree.
- in a saucepan add pineapple, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, bring to a boil.
- add cornstarch, stir 1 minute.
- heat grill.
- add salt& pepper to tuna, cook on oiled grill, turning once about 5 mins per side, or to taste spread pineapple sauce on each tuna steak and grill,covered, 1-2 mins more, serve mix wasabi powder, water and mayo together, serve alongside tuna.