Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
a light dinner this can also be made indoors under the broiler. you will have extra sauce which also tastes good with chicken
- stir together cornstarch and 1 1/2 tbsp water until smooth, set aside.
- add pineapple and 2 tbsp water to blender and puree.
- in a saucepan add pineapple, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, bring to a boil.
- add cornstarch, stir 1 minute.
- heat grill.
- add salt& pepper to tuna, cook on oiled grill, turning once about 5 mins per side, or to taste spread pineapple sauce on each tuna steak and grill,covered, 1-2 mins more, serve mix wasabi powder, water and mayo together, serve alongside tuna.
chia, this was very good! My husband asked for more mayo and commented he really liked it! Thanks!!!
Because I really wanted to make this, I subbed mandarin oranges in place of the pineapple because I was out and it was pretty darned tasty. Can't wait to make it with the pineapple instead!! Yum... (86'd the wasabi mayonnaise) Maybe next time?
I made the tuna but didn't use the mayonnaise as none of us like wasabi. We loved the tuna though and I got thank yous for an awesome dinner from everyone eating with me. Such a great blend of flavors. I will be adding this to my recipes to be made again. Thank you!