Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
quick and easy recipe from Gourmet magazine
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- salt and pepper
- wooden skewer
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill medium - high heat. Stir together oyster sauce through red pepper flakes. Thread half of asparagus crosswise onto 2 parallel skewers and repeat with remaining asparagus. Brush asparagus with some of the glaze, then brush steak all over with remaining glaze. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill steak and asparagus, turning steak once and asparagus occasionally, until asparagus is tender and well browned in spots and steak medium rare, about 10 minutes. Let steak sit for 15 minutes. Thinly slice steak across the grain.