1/2 Photos of Grilled Glazed Salmon
This is by far, my favorite company meal. We eat this salmon very often. It is so tender and delicious. Everyone I have served it to has always loved it - even children. Don't be afraid of the cayenne pepper - this is not a spicy dish. The original version of this recipe actually called for more cayenne (3/4 tsp.) which you are welcome to try if you like it a bit more spicy. The salmon called for in this recipe is a whole side of a fish - do not cut up until after it is cooked. The skin acts as a moisture protector on the grill and also helps hold the fish together- it can be removed after cooking, if you prefer. Adapted from a similar recipe in Quick Cooking magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter, lemon juice, dill, and cayenne pepper, mixing well.
- 2Pour 1/2 cup of this sauce into a small saucepan- once the fish is in its final 5 minutes of cooking time, heat this until warm and pour over cooked fish.
- 3Set aside the remaining unheated sauce to use for basting the fish as you grill.
- 4Place the salmon, skin side down, on a large platter and season with lemon pepper seasoning and sea salt to taste.
- 5Note: If your lemon-pepper seasoning already contains salt, then don't add the extra salt.
- 6Lightly brush grill grates with some oil and heat grill to medium.
- 7Carefully slide salmon off of the platter and onto the grill, skin side down,using a large metal spatula to help.
- 8Cover grill and cook fish, undisturbed, for 5 minutes exactly.
- 9Baste liberally with the reserved basting sauce, re-cover, and cook another 10-15 minutes- basting every 5 minutes.
- 10Use up all of the basting sauce (Don't forgot to heat up the 1/2 cup reserved sauce from before).
- 11Fish is ready when it begins to flake and is starting to appear as if milk is seeping out.
- 12Carefullly remove to a fresh,clean platter and pour the 1/2 cup sauce you had simmering on the stove over the top of the fish.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Glazed Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 99.1 mg
- Sodium 178.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 53.3 g
- Protein 30.4 g