Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious!!!! What more can I say. Great alone or served over icecream.
Make and share this Grilled Glazed Bananas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 large firm ripe bananas
- 8 tablespoons liqueur, of your choice (Kahlua, Frangelico, etc.) (optional)
- Combine butter, honey and lemon or lime juice.
- Peel bananas, cut in half lengthwise and brush generously with honey mixture.
- Place banana pieces on preheated, medium hot grill and grill 4 to 5 minutes turning once, brushing frequently with remaining honey mixture.
- Remove from bbq.
- Place on 8 individual serving dishes and drizzle 1 tablespoon liqueur over each serving, if using.
- Alternately, place all servings on a heat resistant platter, drizzle 8 tablespoons liqueur over all and flambe.
This was a huge hit! I barely could get the grilled bananas to the table before party guests were lining up, plates in hand, as I pulled them off the grill. The bananas can be sticky and tough to flip but all that gooey goodness is heavenly with the sweet liqueur drizzled over the top. I used Godiva chocolate liqueur and Kahlua. I also made a vegan and sugar-free batch omitting the liquor and butter. However the batch with full recipe ingredients flipped easier and survived more intact being well oiled.
A great and unique party food that I'll definitely be making again at a future BBQ. They were a totally memorable and delicious highlight to the event's tiki theme, earning a glowing compliment from the hostess, "that was the best dessert ever!"
Derf, it is fitting that dinner finale should be Grilled Glazed Bananas, given the citrus ingredient. I used Lime Juice, and Kahlua... Once again, personal preference..... I grilled plantain for this dessert because of the firmness of the fruit/vegetable?). With butter, honey and Kahlua, the plantain took on a whole new dimension in flavour... Like eating candy... delicious... Thanks again Derf. This entire exercise was a fun experience.....