Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve with plum sauce or a spicy-hot dipping sauce. Adapted from "Quick and Easy Chinese" by Nancie McDermott. (Prep time includes 30 minutes marinating time) Dried chili flakes are my addition.
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, chopped
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, tails on and peeled
- Combine all ingredients, except shrimp, in a medium bowl. Stir well to dissolve. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Put 3-5 shrimp per skewer, depending on size. Grill on lightly oiled hot grill until done - approximately 2 minutes per side. Large shrimp may not require skewers and be placed individually on the grill.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve hot or warm.
This was so tasty! I made these when a friend came over to visit. Unfortunately w only had cocktail shrimp, but they turned out really good anyway, they were just a little harder to grill properly. I doubled the amount of garlic I added, cause we just love garlic that much. My mom has already asked me to make them again soon. Thanks for sharing this treat with us!
I made this with large shrimp and it was super delicious! I "grilled" them on a stove top grill pan and they still came out smoky and grillelicious. The marinade may not seem to be enough, but the shrimp will release a little of its own juices, so it is plenty. Thanks for posting. Made for Unrated Asian Tag 2009.