Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
This can be served as a main dish or a side dish. We usually have it as the prelude to our main course. Be sure to soak your wooden skewers in warm water for at least 20 min to 1 hour before you throw them on the grill or they will burn. I learned this the hard way...
- 453.59 g large shrimp, uncooked, deveined, shelled, tails on
- 10-12 pre soaked wooded skewers
- 14.79 ml fresh lime zest
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, grated (I don't bother removing the skin)
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly cracked
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39 ml of fresh lime Thai basil, chopped (standard basil will do too)
- 7.39 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- Start by getting your grill to about a medium heat. Brush the hot grill rack with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Reserve half for basting during grilling process. add rinsed shrimp to a large Ziploc baggie and add remaining marinade. Only let set for about 10-15 minutes Discard marinade.
- Skewer about 4 shrimp on each pre soaked wooden skewers. Arrange on grill so they do not overlap. Brush with reserved marinade occasionally while cooking. Grill about 7 min on each side, or until shrimp curl tail to head and turn pink.
- Garnish with lime wedges and some more chopped lime Thai basil and cilantro
- Enjoy! :).