1/1 Photo of Grilled Ginger Lime Shrimp
the mix'n vix'n's Note:
This can be served as a main dish or a side dish. We usually have it as the prelude to our main course. Be sure to soak your wooden skewers in warm water for at least 20 min to 1 hour before you throw them on the grill or they will burn. I learned this the hard way...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, uncooked, deveined, shelled, tails on
- 10 -12 pre soaked wooded skewers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated (I don't bother removing the skin)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh lime Thai basil, chopped (standard basil will do too)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Start by getting your grill to about a medium heat. Brush the hot grill rack with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 2Whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Reserve half for basting during grilling process. add rinsed shrimp to a large Ziploc baggie and add remaining marinade. Only let set for about 10-15 minutes Discard marinade.
- 3Skewer about 4 shrimp on each pre soaked wooden skewers. Arrange on grill so they do not overlap. Brush with reserved marinade occasionally while cooking. Grill about 7 min on each side, or until shrimp curl tail to head and turn pink.
- 4Garnish with lime wedges and some more chopped lime Thai basil and cilantro
- 5Enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Ginger Lime Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.5
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 120.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: