Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I "bribed" one of my students to watch his Cambodian grandma make these and write everything down. These are just like what she made! If you don't like ginger, don't make these. Prep time doesn't include marinating.
- 907.18 g chicken wings
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml light brown sugar (I usually add a bit more.)
- 44.37 ml fresh gingerroot, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml paprika
- Put chicken wings in a large bowl or ziplock bag with soy sauce, salt, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and paprika, mix well.
- Cover wings and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or over night.
- Cook chicken wings on low heat grill until golden brown & skin is crispy. (About 15 minutes).
- Serve hot or warm.
We love this--the balance of flavors is great! Even the boys ate it up! (I don't know why you'd make it if you don't like ginger...kinda weird...) I used it on chicken breast pieces too and that was good! I boiled the marinade down and used that for a dipping sauce. YUMMY!!! Thanks for posting it!
Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders 2008 Tag. These were okay, but we didn't really enjoy them. Can't really explain what we didn't like, but it could have been the amount of gingerroot. Will try them again with less ginger.
5 stars all the way! DH and I really loved these. They have a nice ginger taste that is not over powering. Thanks for posting.