Recipe by DeeCooks
I "bribed" one of my students to watch his Cambodian grandma make these and write everything down. These are just like what she made! If you don't like ginger, don't make these. Prep time doesn't include marinating.
Top Review by schlamand
We love this--the balance of flavors is great! Even the boys ate it up! (I don't know why you'd make it if you don't like ginger...kinda weird...) I used it on chicken breast pieces too and that was good! I boiled the marinade down and used that for a dipping sauce. YUMMY!!! Thanks for posting it!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar (I usually add a bit more.)
- 3 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken wings in a large bowl or ziplock bag with soy sauce, salt, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and paprika, mix well.
- Cover wings and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or over night.
- Cook chicken wings on low heat grill until golden brown & skin is crispy. (About 15 minutes).
- Serve hot or warm.