Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
From Chatelaine Recipes Easy Grilling. Chatelaine puts out mini cookbooks about once per month separate from their monthly magazine. I really enjoy their recipes and hope you like this one too! It's quick, easy and tasty! I like to double marinade ingredients so the chicken gets lots of flavor. The recipe as posted is not doubled. Prep time does not include marinade time.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic or 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, stir soy sauce, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic and tobasco.
- If you want this as a marinade, make this several hours in advance, pour into a ziploc bag, add chicken and marinate in fridge for several hours shaking often.
- Alternatively, you can brush both sides of the chicken after making the sauce for a quick meal.
- Lightly oil grill and then heat BBQ to medium.
- BBQ with lid closed, turning and basting halfway through with remaining marinade.
- Remember not to baste chicken before taking off grill since raw chicken was in it.
- Make sure the baste is fully cooked before removing from grill.
- Grill for 12- 16 minutes until juices run clear.
Not to break the high rating streak- but this didn't hit the mark for us. It was gingery, not too sweet and the chicken tender, but it was missing... I don't know. Maybe if the marinade were thicker, it would cling to the chicken more and give it more flavor? I really did appreciate that it was low fat and calorie-- it would be a good addition to a diet cookbook.
Simple and delicious and a really nice blend of flavors from the soy, lime, honey, ginger and garlic. We had this with roasted baby potatoes and a blue cheese salad. Excellent meal! Thanks Cathy!
You know how sometimes, you'll find a recipe that just comes so close to hitting the mark with the amounts and types of spices? This definitely is NOT one of those! Thank you so much for your recipe! I'm really enjoying ginger these days! I served it with strawberry mango salsa, a baked potatoe with soy cheese, and a small spinach salad. I'm spent! :D Thanks so much!