Recipe by Cathy17
From Chatelaine Recipes Easy Grilling. Chatelaine puts out mini cookbooks about once per month separate from their monthly magazine. I really enjoy their recipes and hope you like this one too! It's quick, easy and tasty! I like to double marinade ingredients so the chicken gets lots of flavor. The recipe as posted is not doubled. Prep time does not include marinade time.
Top Review by didyb
Not to break the high rating streak- but this didn't hit the mark for us. It was gingery, not too sweet and the chicken tender, but it was missing... I don't know. Maybe if the marinade were thicker, it would cling to the chicken more and give it more flavor? I really did appreciate that it was low fat and calorie-- it would be a good addition to a diet cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic or 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir soy sauce, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic and tobasco.
- If you want this as a marinade, make this several hours in advance, pour into a ziploc bag, add chicken and marinate in fridge for several hours shaking often.
- Alternatively, you can brush both sides of the chicken after making the sauce for a quick meal.
- Lightly oil grill and then heat BBQ to medium.
- BBQ with lid closed, turning and basting halfway through with remaining marinade.
- Remember not to baste chicken before taking off grill since raw chicken was in it.
- Make sure the baste is fully cooked before removing from grill.
- Grill for 12- 16 minutes until juices run clear.