Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The perfect side dish for grilled pork chops or ham. The foil seals in the flavors and can also be baked in the oven.
- 5 medium potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until tender, peel and cube.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard and pepper.
- Add potatoes, bacon, celery and onion and toss thoroughly.
- Place mixture on a 18x13 inch piece of double thickness heavy duty aluminum foil and fold top and edges securely.
- Grill over medium hot coals, 20 minutes turning once.
This recipe was a snap; I had leftover turkey bacon and wanted to make a potato dish to serve with ribs and sausage. Enjoyed by all!
I have made this for years and love it as a side when grilling. Having company tonight and wanted to serve this but couldn't find my recipe. Should have known to come here before wasting all that time going through my 1000's of recipes! Thanks for posting!
We liked the flavor of this tater salad and have always loved the German type, but this was just a bit mushy after being first boiled in water, then grilled in foil. When I make it again, I will only par-boil the potatoes rather than cook til tender. I used FF mayo and lower fat bacon to save calories, but was still highly flavorful! Thanks Lorac!