Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A German dinner prepared on the grill. Smoked sausage, potatoes and cabbage are grilled in foil with butter, caraway seed and garlic in this easy to prepare dinner. Serve with toasted garlic bread.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages smoked sausage or 2 (12 ounce) packages kielbasa
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut into small wedges
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Slice sausage links in half lengthwise, then slice into 3" pieces.
- Place sausage, potatoes and cabbage into a foil hot bag, or lay out on large sheet of aluminum foil (to be sealed).
- Slice butter into chunks and spread out over top.
- Add caraway seed and garlic, sprinkled over top.
- Seal bag or foil pouch tightly to prevent leakage.
- Cook on gas grill over medium heat. Cooking time should be about 40 minutes. Flip the package halfway through cooking. Cook time may vary depending on the thickness of the cabbage wedges.
Very good! I used homemade deer sausage. Reminded me of my grandfather. He used caraway seed a lot in his cooking.