Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I could make a meal out of this. It is so delicious! Easy to do, just put it on the barbeque with your meat.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 6 chopped basil leaves
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- Mix together all ingredients except zucchini.
- Place zucchini in a flat baking dish and pour mixture over.
- Let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place on the grill and cook for 5 minutes or so on each side.
- Brush with marinade while it cooks.
This tastes super!!! I don't have a grill right now so I baked them and they turned out great! I sliced them into half moon shapes and tossed the marinade with them on a baking sheet and baked for 17 minutes at 400 degrees F. Love this combination of flavors with zucchini, thanks!!
I used this method of cooking and it is fantastic! I did cheat a little, and only used Italian seasoning, instead of all the other ingredients. The results were delicious. I made it on my indoor electric grill, and I just loved the way the "grilled" parts tasted. And excellent method, and next time, I will use all the ingredients too!
IT'S A MIRACLE!!! I have never liked zucchini, until now. I would literally avoid a veggie mix if it had zucchini in it, but something told me to try this recipe. I am thrilled beyond belief that I did. I used enova oil instead of the olive oil and it turned out perfectly. I would up the pepper flakes the next time as I noticed NO heat whatsoever and I gave some generous shakes. Mine marinate for about 3 hours and the grilled flavor was fantastic! This is most definitely a winner! Thanks Marie!