Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fantastic, low carb treat. Different and delicious with only 2 grams of net carbs per tail. It is very simple to make, even for a beginner, yet sure to impress. Great for people who are not low carbing as well! Adapted from the Atkins Calendar.
- 4 lobster tails
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat grill.
- Remove the soft part of lobster tail with scissors.
- Hit shell lightly with a mallet to make it lie flat.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add garlic, ginger, tarragon, mustard and salt.
- Spoon some of the butter mixture over tails and reserve remaining.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Grill lobster 4 inches from heat for 10 - 15 min with meaty side up, basting frequently with reserved butter mixture.
Lovely! DH requested lobster tails for dinner, and this was a perfect change from my usual lobster tail recipe. Loved the tarragon, ginger and garlic in the butter. I grilled these on my indoor grill because I don't have an outdoor one right now. I'll be using this one again, thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7
This is actually the second time I've made this recipe- I forgot to review the first time! I used a whole lobster, split in half, and drizzled the garlic tarragon butter over each half before grilling over indirect heat. The herbs just enhance the natural sweet flavor of the lobster, rather than masking it, as a richer sauce might. Excellent with a few grilled potatoes, a green salad, and a glass of dry white wine. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers
I%u2019ve never had tarragon and ginger with lobster tails%u2026.just garlic butter. I won%u2019t have them any other way again! This was absolutely delicious, a definite keeper of a recipe. The only thing I might do differently next time is thread a skewer through the lobster tail to keep it from curling up. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT7.