1/3 Photos of Grilled Garlic Steak With Tomato and Bread Topping
Recipe Reader's Note:
From Everyday with Rachel Ray, it's a bit unusual, but it's great, kind of like a knife and fork version of a steak sandwich This uses a skirt steak, but any steak would be good here - I used filet mignons seasoned with my favorite BBQ seasoning, and I used sourdough bread. I cut the recipe in half for two filets, had three smallish vine-ripe tomatoes, and three slices of sourdough bread, it worked out well. Serve with a green salad for a great summer dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill to medium high.
- 2In a bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- 3Brush the tomatoes with the seasoned oil, and grill until lightly charred, turning once - about 12 minutes, and set them aside.
- 4Brush the steak and the rolls with the seasoned oil, and grill the rolls for a couple of minutes, turning occasionally.
- 5Grill the steak, turning once, to desired temperature.
- 6Let the meat rest, then slice it thinly, and divide among 4 plates.
- 7Coarsely chop the rolls and tomatoes, and toss in a bowl with the rosemary, any residual meat juices, and additional salt and pepper if desired.
- 8Top each plate of steak with the bread salad.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Garlic Steak With Tomato and Bread Topping
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.2
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 334.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 64.5 g