Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Being a steak and garlic lover, I came up with this recipe myself by using the ingredients I had in the house at the time. Now this is how I always prepare my steaks. My wife and friends love it!!
- 8 ounces steak (I prefer New York Strips, 8 oz or larger)
- 3 cloves garlic (can use garlic powder)
- onion salt
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Coat steaks with onion salt.
- This adds not only flavor but will slightly tenderize the meat as well.
- Spread Oregano evenly on steak (s).
- Add as much pepper as you would like.
- Using a paring knife, poke 3 or four holes directly through the steak.
- Mince garlic and press it into the holes in the steak.
- Grill to your liking over a lower heat.
- The minced garlic will spread through the steak so add as much or as little garlic as you desire.
It was really flavorful but I tried to make it on the stove...I would stick to grilling with this one! Thanks for posting!
Straight forward easy and delicious steak! I didn't poke the steak but rubbed it with garlic and fried garlic along side. Started the steak on high for 2 minutes turned the heat down and let it fry for 4 minutes on each side. Perfect thanks Bryan for posting your recipe - I enjoyed it very much
This is the BEST way to make a steak! We absolutely loved this and it will be the ONLY way that I make my steaks from now on. I actually grill them on my George Forman Grill and they turn out perfectly. I place slices of garlic throughout my rib roast when I make my famous prime rib, but I never thought to do it with steak. Thanks so much for turning me on to this wonderful, yet simple, way to make a yummy steak!