Recipe by susie cooks
This Spanish tapas is a great summer accompaniment to a sparkling sangria. From a recipe book called Sangria.
Top Review by tracy.munar
Don't let this simple recipe fool you. It's delicious! I'm always looking for simple recipes that are flavor-packed because I'm lazy and this totally fits the bill. This will become one of my new go-to recipes.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 20 raw jumbo shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium nonreactive bowl, whisk together the olive oil, saffron, lime juice and garlic.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Prepare grill to a medium-high heat.
- Push shrimp onto 4 metal skewers, allowing the excess marinade to drain off.
- Grill until just opaque in the center, about 2 minutes per side.