Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This Spanish tapas is a great summer accompaniment to a sparkling sangria. From a recipe book called Sangria.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 20 raw jumbo shrimp
- In a medium nonreactive bowl, whisk together the olive oil, saffron, lime juice and garlic.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Prepare grill to a medium-high heat.
- Push shrimp onto 4 metal skewers, allowing the excess marinade to drain off.
- Grill until just opaque in the center, about 2 minutes per side.
Loved it.. this was so esay and super quick once the shrimp had been cleaned. Since I only made these for myself tonight, I did cheat a little and cooked them in the mix in a fry pan, and was very pleased indeed with the result. DH who was going to an engagement that I wasn't attending looked jealously at my plate LOL. The saffrom did make the sauce rather yellow and gave it quite a pleasing but distinctive taste so if you like saffron then this recipe is for you. Please see my rating system: a excellent 4 stars. Thanks!
This had a lot of great flavors. I will absolutely try this again!
Loved this. Very easy to make and everything worked well together. The saffron added great flavour and colour.