Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Succulent shrimp, bursting with flavor and a healthy kick of spice. The skewers can be made ahead. Try it with mixed vegetables, red pepper, onion, zucchini, whatever you like. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed to creamy
- 1 tablespoon hot shot black and red pepper blend or 1 tablespoon fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine garlic, olive oil, Hot Shot, cumin, cayenne, lime, salt and parsley (if using).
- Add cleaned shrimp, and stir to coat.
- Marinate 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Thread shrimp on skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes (to avoid burning).
- Grill over fairly high heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes total, turning once.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Loved this easy marinade! Added onions and peppers to the shrimp and it was really tasty. The lime really livened it up!!! Thanks for posting. Barb
If you like spicy foods, you'll love this! Very, very good! I also put mushrooms,red pepper, and grape tomatoes with the shrimp on the skewers. Our Labor day picnic was a very tasty one.
This was absolutely delicious. Not only did we use it on the shrimp, but we marinated and grilled a variety of vggies (onions, yellow & orange peppers, squash). Most tasty. A new favorite.