Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place Chicken breasts in a medium, non reactive bowl.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Turn chicken several times to coat with marinade.
- Cover and marinate 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a hot fire in a barbecue grill.
- Oil the grill.
- Remove breasts from the marinade, shaking off excess and place on hot grill.
- Cook until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Turn and brush with marinade.
- Grill second side 4-6 minutes or until white throughout but still juicy.
This is a good base marinade. I used 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper in place of the salt & pepper and added 1 tablespoon white wine. I marinaded 1 large bone in with skin chicken breast for about 3 hours and grilled for about 45 minutes over indirect heat which ended up with a moist, flavorful meal. Thanks! Updated July 23, to add stars AGAIN!
I cut up the chicken breasts to stir fry them in a wok. The marinade really flavored the chicken. The end result was a moist and delicious chicken dish- This recipe is a do again & again. Quick to cook and MMmmm good. I put the chicken into the lemon juice/garlic for 1 hour before cooking.
Very nice! Thanks.