Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Try to purchase the largest bulbs of garlic you can find, slice them into three pieces and use only the middle slice. Make certain to soak the wooden skewers in cold water for a minumum of 30 minutes before using them on the grill. Plan ahead the shrimp needs to marinade for a minumum of 5 hours. Amounts are only estimated depending on the size of your shrimp.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large tiger shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 8 large garlic cloves (sliced into thirds, use only the middle piece)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (can use 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (if you like lots of spice use more)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 6 -8 wooden skewers (you might use more or less skewers)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass bowl, combine ALL ingredients, including the garlic slices, but not the tomatoes.
- Cover and marinade for about 5 hours.
- Make certain that you soak the wooden skewers for a minumum of 30 minutes before you thread the shrimp on them.
- Place one shrimp on the skewer sideways so they will not slip, then a slice of garlic, then a cherry tomato, repeat with shrimp, garlic and then a tomato.
- Repeat with the remaining skewers.
- Brush the tomatoes with olive oil.
- Season all with salt and pepper.
- Grill turning occasionally for about 5 minutes or until they are pink in colour.